Traditional single-phase fluid convection or forced air cooling methods are far from sufficient for today's high-power and high heat flux cooling requirements. The new cooling method requires the radiator to have the characteristics of flexibility, reliability, compactness, high heat dissipation efficiency, and maintenance-free.
The cold plate of the water cooling plate is composed of a base plate and a cover plate. First, a grooved aluminum plate (or copper plate) with large thickness is milled to form a base plate, and a cover plate is embedded on the base plate, which fit tightly with each other. The advanced mixed friction welding process is used around the cover plate to form a sealed cavity. At the same time, inlet and outlet ports are added at both ends of the cold plate. Finally, the required cooling resistance is fastened to the surface of the cold plate through bolts. The cooling medium is injected by an external circulation pump, and the cooling liquid discharged excess heat through the cold coil, circulates in the sealed cavity of the cold plate, and then control the working temperature of electronic components.
1. Material selection. It is necessary to fully understand the properties of the material and the differences in material performance caused by different compositions and material processing techniques, and to have a comprehensive understanding of the systematic organization structure of the material, including atomic-level knowledge of the material. The composition of the material determines its performance. In addition to the abnormal attention to the thermal conductivity of the material, attention should also be paid to the aspects of strength, ductility, and corrosion resistance.
2. Simulation analysis. The water cooling plate simulation is shared, that is, the working state of the water cooling plate is simulated through a program. This program starts with the conditions of use of the water cooling plate and designs other components on this basis.
3. Stirring friction welding. FSW friction stir welding is based on the extreme plastic deformation of metal materials. When the stirring needle is slowly inserted into the metal base material, the pressure applied by the stirring head causes the metal to mechanically deform and form a dense weld, realizing a homogeneous crystal grain structure. Compared with traditional metal melting welding, stirring friction welding has the advantages of high strength, less leakage, and less deformation. There are almost no pores in the weld. The leak and joint strength are much higher than those of melting welding. This process is very suitable for welding and forming water-cooled heat sinks.
4. Mechanical processing. The water cooling plate product is the core component of the control system and has higher requirements for its internal channel structure, surface roughness and part accuracy.
5. Parts surface treatment. The purpose of surface treatment is to meet the requirements of product corrosion resistance, wear resistance, decoration, or other special functions.
6. Product testing and performance improvement. In the field of water cooling plate products, a systematic product testing and performance improvement process and steps need to be established.